PSV Inspection and Verification
This two day course focuses on PSV test types and the interpretation of valve data, test specifications and acceptance criteria. Following training, attendees will understand whether a test is accepted or failed, recognise if a test has been sabotaged and will appreciate the consequences of incorrect inspection techniques.
The course is 50% workshop-based and practical training is delivered in our custom-built training workshop, resourced with a full range of specialist equipment including a PSV test cell. An extensive range of training valves in a variety of conditions is used during workshop sessions to provide training delegates with experience in realistic working scenarios.
- Basic overview of PSV types and functions
- Understanding of general PSV standards and testing criteria
- Practical demonstration of various PSV tests, and how to check criteria
- Practical session on PSV components, correct methods of inspection and criteria to follow
- PSV test tags, identification, wire locking and lead sealing
- Comparing PSV data on tag vs data sheets, test certificates and PSV registers
Following training, attendees will be able to:
- Identify different safety valve types and their basic design function
- Dismantle, repair and reassemble equipment to set procedures
- Know which tests must be conducted for varying valve types and in what sequence
- Know which test results must be recorded, and where they should be documented
- Know the guidance for recertification intervals
- Know when a valve has met criteria and when it has failed
- Know what specifications and acceptance criteria must be referenced for each test
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for engineers, operators and mechanical technicians
Duration2 Day programme
DatesPlease enquire about further PSV Inspection and Verification dates below.
Enquire about PSV Inspection and Verification