PSV Inspection and Verification
This two day course focuses on PSV test types and the interpretation of valve data, test specifications and acceptance criteria. Following training, attendees will understand whether a test is accepted or failed, recognise if a test has been sabotaged and will appreciate the consequences of incorrect inspection techniques.
The course is 50% workshop-based and practical training is delivered in our custom-built training workshop, resourced with a full range of specialist equipment including a PSV test cell. An extensive range of training valves in a variety of conditions is used during workshop sessions to provide training delegates with experience in realistic working scenarios.
- Basic overview of PSV types and functions
- Understanding of general PSV standards and testing criteria
- Practical demonstration of various PSV tests, and how to check criteria
- Practical session on PSV components, correct methods of inspection and criteria to follow
- PSV test tags, identification, wire locking and lead sealing
- Comparing PSV data on tag vs data sheets, test certificates and PSV registers
Following training, attendees will be able to:
- Identify different safety valve types and their basic design function
- Dismantle, repair and reassemble equipment to set procedures
- Know which tests must be conducted for varying valve types and in what sequence
- Know which test results must be recorded, and where they should be documented
- Know the guidance for recertification intervals
- Know when a valve has met criteria and when it has failed
- Know what specifications and acceptance criteria must be referenced for each test
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for engineers, operators and mechanical technicians
Duration2 Day programme
- 04/09/2019Please enquire about further PSV Inspection and Verification dates below.
Enquire about PSV Inspection and Verification