An introductory course that looks at valve end connection types and designs, the theory of end connection design and demonstrations of dimensional sizing.
The aim of the course is to provide a fundamental understanding of the various types of end connections used in the offshore oil and gas industry.
Each candidate will understand the basic design principles of each connection type and identify potential health, safety and environmental hazards directly related to the equipment enabling the candidates to control any associated risks.
- Bolted Construction
- Clamp connectors
- Ring type joint flanges
- Raised face flanges
- Flat face flanges
- Compact flanges
- Welded Construction
- Socket weld
- Butt weld
- Screwed Construction
Following training, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the common types of end connections used in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Describe the basic design principles of each type.
- Appreciate the measuring techniques involved in inspection.
- Carry out inspection and identify common defects.
- Recommend basic repair solutions.
- Appreciate the standards that the equipment conforms to.
- Describe how to safely disassemble and assemble various connections.
- Identify potential problems that may cause loss of production or situations with safety implementations.
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for anyone looking to learn more about the various types of end connections used in the offshore oil and gas industry.
Duration1 Day programme
DatesPlease enquire about further End Connections dates below.
Enquire about End Connections