This one day course aims to provide an understanding of how ball valves work; their applications, functions and common defects/suitable maintenance solutions for these.
The opportunity to dismantle, inspect and reassemble basic ball valve constructions is also provided through a workshop-based training session, delivered in our custom-built training workshop.
- What are ball valves?
- Why are ball valves used?
- Design features
- Ball valve types
- Selection process
- Ball valve components
- Common defects
- Performance measurement
- Maintenance plans
- Manufacturers' tags
- Figure numbers
- Design options
- Workshop session: Dismantle, inspect and reassemble basic ball valve constructions
Following training, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the function of a ball valve
- Identify typical applications
- Dismantle, inspect and reassemble basic ball valve constructions
- State common defects and repair solutions
- Identify potential problems that may cause loss of production or situations with safety implications
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for engineers, operators and mechanical technicians
Duration1 Day programme
- 17/09/2019Please enquire about further Ball Valves dates below.
Enquire about Ball Valves