Plug Valve Maintenance
The aim of this course is to provide an understanding of how plug valves work and the need for preventative maintenance routines. The course is 50% workshop based, providing hands-on training on when and how to carry out the lubrication process, using VALTEX sealant injection equipment.
Each candidate will appreciate plug valve characteristics and will be able to identify and distinguish between lubricated and non-lubricated plug valves.
Attendees will understand:
- What a plug valve is and how functions
- The advantages and disadvantages to using plug valves
- Failures that can effect plug valves, and how to prevent or reduce these effects
- The importance of planned maintenance routines
- The equipment and media used in the sealant injection process
- How to inspect and use injection equipment and fittings safely
Who Should AttendThis course has been designed for engineers, operators and mechanical technicians