Essential Valve Knowledge Level 2 (Formerly General Valves)
The aim of this course is to provide a strong understanding of valves and their associated equipment in relation to basic design, function and non-invasive maintenance solutions for specific valve types.
Each candidate will appreciate how various valves function and be aware of potential health, safety and environmental hazards directly related to the equipment enabling the candidates to control any associated risks.
- Identify different valve types and their basic design function
- Operate various valve types and identify potential problems
- Function test valve and state if a valve is working correctly
- Know when to maintain a valve
- Carry out basic valve maintenance
- Identify potential problems that may cause loss of production or situations with safety implications
Who Should Attend
The course provides a good basis for training personnel who are new to the oil and gas industry, including those who will be working in hands-on roles. Office-based personnel looking to gain a basic valve awareness; including administrators, buyers and technical assistants will also benefit from the training.